Monday, February 26, 2007

Mardi Gras - La Dolce Vita



I
I met this young lady while waiting for a parade to start. She and her friend have several tattoos and told me they have photos on the internet. I gave her my card and asked her to send info. Here's her e-mail.
Hi there,

I ran upon your card when cleaning out my purse the other day! I think the two pictures you have of me are better than any I have.
My Foot-
My first tattoo is of the Kanji symbol for immortality. After looking over several, maybe even 100's of designs, symbols, etc. this one "came to me"....I knew it was the one. For me it represents the soul being immortal. My mother died when I was young and she was the nicest woman I've ever met...she was the embodiment of love. This tattoo is a constant reminder of her and that no matter what happens in life...the soul is immortal. Probably a year later I had the cherry blossom branch and buds added to sort of make it more feminine.

My Neck-
My very good friend, Mandy, gave me the gift of a friendship tattoo for my 30th Birthday. We spent quite a while at Cheap Trx trying to decide what to get...eventually we found designs and then with help of Stan and Jim we decided on "La Dolce Vita" (The Sweet Life). Basically, we've had a lot of trials and tribulations throughout our lives and wanted to bring a little positivity in...her tat has a little different design than mine, but the La Dolce Vita is the same. A few months later I had the cross added...my mother was a very Christian Woman...so this, too...has a significance. And, I thought it looked cool.

Thanks so much,

Allison

No comments: